2.25.2008

 

KO'd by the Flu


So I thought I remembered hearing in early January that this flu season had been fairly mild so far. There was a particularly nasty strain of common cold that was going around (most of us here Casa Ogden got it in one form or another last month), but the media authorities were expressing relief that the good old influenza was limited.

So the fact that we are *now* apparently in the midst of one of the worst flu seasons in recent memory kind of snuck up on me. The same way the flu itself did late Friday afternoon.

This is what the national map looks like:



This thing knocked me flat. I've been in bed for about three days straight and am just starting to feel human again. I don't think I've had a flu since my Sophomore year in college, when a really nasty strain combined with little sleep and the brutal Chicago winter (ahh, Chicago) resulted in walking pneumonia. Yum.

Maybe blogging makes me feel a bit more productive -- or a bit less guilty -- while I lie here with multiple neglected projects piling up.

Stay healthy out there!

-jw

Comments:
If there were ever a time I wished that I lived in LA... this winter has been absolutely brutal! We're up to over 70 inches of snow for the season, counties are declaring state of emergencies because there's no rock salt anywhere to be found, and there's been more potholes on the highways than anyone can ever remember. Yay, Chicago! Oh, not to mention the nasty bug that gave half of our office the walking death. Who knew it was possible to feel that crappy just from a cold?

I hope everyone feels better soon. Stay warm!
 
Thanks Jess!!

Just thinking about Chicago makes me cold. Winter nights on an El platform, waiting under those foodlamps. . . (I lived in Evanston and had no car.) Or slogging across a huge campus where the shortest distance between any two points was a 20-minute walk. Another reason I should have gone to USC! The funny thing though is it hardly ever snowed while I lived there.

Enjoy! We'll send salt. . . :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?